Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The False Prince

The False Prince
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Reviewer: Aleece

http://ccsp.ent.sirsi.net/client/rlapl/search/results?qu=the+false+prince+jennifer+nielsen&te=&lm=ROUND_LAKE&dt=list

Summary: In the country of Carthya, a devious nobleman engages four orphans in a brutal competition to be selected to impersonate the king's long-missing son in an effort to avoid a civil war.

Review: At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about the main characters voice that Charlie McWade portrayed.  I liked the concept of the character but while listening to the book I felt that the voice sounded a little older than what I had pictured.  I was okay with the voice that Charlie McWade did for the other characters but for the main character I just wasn’t sure.  However, the more I listened the more I laughed out loud when parts were funny. I felt my heart tightened during suspenseful moments.  I don’t know if I would have had the same response if I was reading this book.  I would have laughed but most likely internally rather than externally.  I could picture everything that was being read aloud and it seemed like I was watching a movie that I never wanted to end. 

This book was truly remarkable.  There were twists and turns, characters with terrible personalities that were very realistic, some characters you just wanted to root for, and others you just couldn’t help but like.  This was a fast paced book but at the same time you understood everything that was going on and really understood what Sage, the main character, was thinking and feeling as well as the other characters that surrounded him.  Some of the twists and turns could be predicted but when it happened it was still a shock because of the way it was portrayed and fleshed out.  The way it was written was absolutely fantastic and I can’t wait to get the second book to continue this wonderful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment