Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Ebenezer Has a Word for Everything

Ebenezer Has a Word for Everything
Author: Chelsea H. Rowe
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Reviewer: Denise Z.



Summary: Ebenezer collects words. No one appreciates his efforts until he meets a friend who writes stories and could use a word or two.

Review: I picked up this picture book because I could easily tell it would have a good writing connection to it and I could possibly get an idea from it for an upcoming writing program. I enjoyed the story of Ebenezer finding a friend because of his love for words and how his friend has a love of stories. This was a great book for a friendship and a writing theme. I liked how the words were bolded, matched the illustrations, and encouraged more thinking and learning. This wouldn’t be a book I would read for a storytime, but it would be one that could be used for a writing lesson or one-on-one reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment