Thursday, April 18, 2019

Gloria's Voice: The Story of Gloria Steinem, Feminist, Activist, Leader

Gloria's Voice: The Story of Gloria Steinem, Feminist, Activist, Leader
Author: Aura Lewis
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Reviewer: Denise Z.


Summary: Gloria Steinem is known as a leader of the feminist movement and a trailblazer who fights for equality of all people. This unofficial biography for young readers tells her story, from being a young girl with big dreams to her inspiring travels in India to the launch of Ms. Magazine, which gave women a voice. Gloria’s message of believing in yourself and following your dreams will inspire a whole new generation.


Review: After reading last month’s biography picture book, I guess I’m still on a biography kick because I chose this one honoring Gloria Steinem’s accomplishments. I must say, I absolutely adored the illustrations by Aura Lewis and thought she beautifully captured Gloria’s personality and stance in both her writing and drawings. I would say that is what drew me into this book the most and did justice for Gloria Steinem’s political and feminist efforts. A beneficial read for anyone. For ages 4 and up. “Be strong and proud of who you are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment