Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Maze Runner



The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Rating: 3/5 Stars
Reviewer: Julie H.
http://ccsp.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/rlapl/search/results?qu=the+maze+runner&te=&lm=ROUND_LAKE


Summary: In the first book of Dashner’s Maze Runner Trilogy, Thomas wakes up to find himself in the Glade, a small community of closed-mouthed boys in the middle of a giant maze, with no memories except for his own name. And things keep getting even stranger after that. For the past two years, the Gladers have received food, tools, and new boys through the mysterious lift that brought each of them to the Glade. But when a girl suddenly arrives predicting change and the food deliveries stop, Thomas and the rest of the Gladers must do everything in their power to try to escape the maze before it is too late! 

Review: After hearing so many positive things about the Maze Runner movie, and the recent release of the second movie in the series, I finally decided to read this book. I normally love science-fiction and dystopian novels, but parts of this book fell a little flat for me. I felt like the characters were somewhat underdeveloped, and the first half of the book went slowly for me. I almost gave up on this book about halfway through, but I’m glad I finished it. The second half of the book had more momentum and the ending even inspired me to check out the second book in the series, The Scorch Trials.  Although this series had a slow start, I think it is worth reading because it has such an intriguing plot and so much potential. I’m excited to see whether Dashner continued the upward momentum of the second half of this book in The Scorch Trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment